Windows operating system is surely the best as compared to every other OS which you use for your laptops or computers. However, the only thing which most of the Windows users might have an issue with, is that you have to actually buy the original and genuine DVD of Windows OS to install for your PC or laptop rather than getting a pirated one. Apparently, if you have already got a pirated version, you can’t feel more sorry when all your data is at stake right after the message gets displayed on your PC that this copy of windows is not genuine. I will be guiding you today of how to fix the issue of this copy of windows is not genuine.
But before we begin. let me remind you that this method will not convert your non-genuine copy of Windows into a genuine one. It will just deal with the problem to make it work without any further issues. I would always recommend you that you buy the original and genuine Windows copies from online or an authorized stored, just because it is always better to play fair. Don’t buy Windows OS from any third parties as they will end up messing your OS as well as your PC.
Fix for Error This copy of Windows is not genuine
I will be guiding you here with three methods. You can try them out manually with the steps which I have mentioned along with them. Go ahead and follow them:
METHOD #1: Uninstall Update KB971033
The time you actually update your non-genuine copy of Windows, a file would have already been downloaded which monitors and detects that you don’t have a copy of original Windows, which means that it will display the said message. So, to fix this, you would need to remove that update. To do it, follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel of your PC
- Go to Windows Update Section
- Now, click on View Installed Updates
- After loading all the installed apps, check for the update “KB971033” and uninstall it
- Restart your PC or laptop.
If this is not the case with you, then let us try something else,
METHOD #2: Use SLMGR -REARM command
- For this, you need to first click on the Start button
- In the search field, type “cmd”
- Now as the command prompt displays, right click on it and click on “Run as Administrator”
- Type SLMGR -REARM in the command menu and hit enter. The purpose of this command is to reset the Windows license which you have been using. It will remove the message also that this product is not genuine.
- You will see a window. Click on OK
- Now, you have to restart your PC. However, if this method didn’t work, repeat till step 4 and after that, try SLMGR /REARM.
Method #3: Disable Windows Updates
If you are not using the original Windows copy, there is no point of updating to the latest versions. So, it is better to disable updates so that you get don’t face this issue anymore. To disable windows updates, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on Windows updates
- Click on the option of Install Updates Automatically.
- Now, you must select the option of “Never Check for Updates“