If you too are among the people who have already started hating the so-called all new Whatsapp Status feature, then welcome to the club. If you don’t really like this feature, then we really have a solution to disable or remove the new WhatsApp Status feature.
Since the new WhatsApp Status feature isn’t loved by everybody, so we will be telling you that this procedure may or may not work over your devices. So let’s tell you how to Remove the new WhatsApp status feature
In any case, we recommend you to make a backup of your WhatsApp chats if you want to save them. So with this, let’s begin the procedure of How to Disable or remove the new WhatsApp Status.
- Your device needs to be rooted
- Any Root File Explorer or the SharedPreferences Editor.
1. Before beginning anything, just go to the phone’s Settings and force stop the WhatsApp main application to Remove the new WhatsApp status feature.
2. For Root Explorers, open the file ‘/data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml‘
3. For SharedPreference Editors, select ‘WhatsApp’ and then select ‘com.whatsapp_preferences‘.
4. Now find the key name: ‘status_mode’ and make sure you edit its value from ‘1’ to ‘0’. For text editors, change
<int name=”status_mode” value=”1“/>
<int name=”status_mode” value=”0“/>
5.Now just launch WhatsApp and you may see that the Status feature has been disabled.
However, this feature may require you to try these steps once again if it doesn’t work. Currently it works with WhatsApp’s version 2.17.81. But we don’t know whether it will work for future updates or not. Still, you can try it, no harm in it actually. So this was the full way of Remove the new WhatsApp status feature.
- How to Remove the new WhatsApp status feature
- Remove the new WhatsApp status feature
- Disable the New WhatsApp status feature.
- How to delete WhatsApp status feature
Can I buy sleep? I need some!
Why don’t you follow? Even PewDiePie follows me! Why won’t you?