We recently came up with the all new Honor 8 from Huawei. Now as just the device is in its early stages, you can still root it easily without any issues. So today, we are providing you with a full guide of how to root the Huawei Honor 8 as well as install the TWRP recovery in the phone.
Honor 8 is a brilliant phone which has a great demand globally. You can read its specifications from the link given above. So now let’s start our guide to rooting and installing TWRP recovery on your Honor 8 devices.
Things that need to be taken care of before beginning:
- You Honor 8 should be charged upto 80% at least.
- Please don’t try this guide on any other phone. It’s only for Honor 8.
- You can download the recovery from Here.
- After you download the recovery file, paste the file in the ADB folder.
Now to our main guide,
How to Install TWRP on your Honor 8
- First of all, connect your Honor 8 to your PC/laptop via a USB cable.
- Now go to ADB folder and paste the recovery. (ignore if already done).
- Now open command window in the ADB folder
- In the command window, type the following command
“adb reboot bootloader “
- Now your phone will go into fastboot mode.
- Now in command window again, type the following command
“fastboot flash recovery.img”
You’ve successfully flashed TWRP recovery on your Honor 8 phones.
How to root Honor 8
- Firstly, download the root package from HERE.
- Now put it in SD card and boot your device to recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, wipe the cache and go to the ‘Install’ option.
- Select the package from your SD card and swipe to install it.
- It will take some moments to install.
- After installation, your device will start again and congrats, you’ve successfully rooted your Honor 8.
Please note that the author isn’t responsible for any issues to your device. You can ask your questions and queries in the comment section and even share any more updates regarding this guide.