Xiaomi is famous in rolling new updates over time and this time, they introduced MIUI 126.96.36.199 based on Android L for Redmi 2 prime yet Redmi 2 is still on Android KitKat.
So as the users updated to the said firmware, many reports came that their phones lagged and about some other bugs and to fix this, Xiaomi rolled out a stable 12Mb update as MIUI 188.8.131.52. But many users complained that their devices went into bootloop while updating their devices. So this post will guide you out of the bootloop or any kind of bootloop that has happened due to any reason.
All you’ll need is:
A pen drive with an OTG
A custom MIUI ROM
1) First of all, remove the battery of your phone and it’ll be off. After that simultaneously click on volume down+ power button to enter fastboot mode. It’ll be like this…
2) So after this, download a twrp package from Google. It’ll be v3.0.2 (new for redmi2 Android L) Check it from here http://en.miui.com/thread-249552-1-1.html
3) As you’ve downloaded your twrp and your choicest ROM, copy your custom ROM to your pen drive and connect your phone to your laptop or PC and flash the recovery via fastboot mode.
4) After all that, remove the battery again and go into recovery mode by pressing volume up+ power keys simultaneously.
5) There, it’ll show your recovery and an option to install custom ROM. That’s it, insert your pen drive via OTG and click on the copied ROM. It’ll take 5 minutes to install. After that, the phone will reboot and start.
Note: It’s strongly recommended to download a custom ROM from MIUI official site.