A good news! CyanogenMod 14 has been released for Moto G 1st Gen too which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The ROM promises a new look and feel to the device.
As it’s unofficial so it has some bugs. But don’t worry, not a big deal!
Go and thank Eurofighter_ty for developing the first CM14 ROM for your MOTO G 1st Gen’s
– Always take backup of all your data before flashing.
– This ROM is for MOTO G 1st gen only. (Don’t flash on XT1033)
– Please make sure that have first installed a custom recovery (TWRP recommended).
– RIL (Mobile Data & SMS)
– Sound & Vibration
– GPS & compass
– Installing apps using Play Store
– short: everything is working except video recording (source-xda)
Now to the main part,
How to install CM 14 rom on Moto G 1st gen:
1) Make a backup of all your data before proceeding any further.
2) Download the Android 7.0 Nougat Cm14 ROM and Gapps 7.0 and copy it on your device. (Thanks to gammerson.com)
3) Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button.”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode.Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
8) Done! Now enjoy Android nougat 7.0 on Moto G 1st gen
So hope you liked your new ROM.
Note: The author isn’t responsible for any harm done to your device.