Okay so, Android Oreo it is? Well it is just an assumption as far as we have heard but for the time being and until the things get confirmed about the said Android version, let us just stick to Android O. So we have already told you about the Android O and all of its features, However of you missed it out, click this link to know about Android O. So we have also mentioned the devices which will be getting the developer preview of the Android O and you can get the same info in the link above.
Now as the demand is piling up, let us tell you that you can flash the Android O on your Nexus or Pixel devices too. So here is the guide of How to flash Android O on Nexus or Pixel Devices.
We are not to be held responsible for any of the damage that occurs to your device during this process. You are yourself responsible for any damage done (if) to your device during this process.
- Make sure you backup your devices before beginning with any processes.
- Android SDK installed with ADB and Fastboot command.
- A Nexus or a Pixel device.
- Factory image for your supported device. Download for your device from here.
- 7-zip which you can download from here.
- Bootloader unlocked (Process is given below).
How to Unlock the Bootloader:
Now as we said, let us tell you that your device’s bootloader needs to be unlocked before you install and flash Android O on your Nexus or Pixel devices. So let’s tell you how to unlock the Bootloader.
- Firstly, turn on the developer options in the Settings menu of your devices.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock in the developer options on your Nexus or Pixel devices.
- Plug in your device to your PC via USB.
- Open a command window in your PC.
- Enter the following command in the command window “adb reboot bootloader” and it will boot your device in the bootloader mode.
- In the bootloader mode, write another command in the command window as “fastboot flashing unlock”.
- Now your device is unlocked after the process gets completed and your device will reboot into bootloader mode and now you need to type: “fastboot reboot”.
How to flash Android O on Nexus or Pixel Devices:
- As you have downloaded the factory images already (for which we have given the links in the REQUIREMENTS section already), you will need to set up your devices. On your computer, use 7zip (link given above) to extract the .tgz file that you downloaded.
- Again use 7zip to extract the .tar file which you extracted from the .tgz file. After you are done, you will be having a folder with several files in it.
- Copy these files and paste them in the platform-tools folder in Android SDK in your PC.
- Now there will be two flash-all files. If you are a Windows user, double click the file with the gear logo which says “Windows Batch File”. And if you are a Linux user, double click the flash-all.sh.
- The installation will start. DON’T UNPLUG YOUR DEVICE FROM YOUR PC UNTIL THIS IS DONE.
- After the installation is finished, your device will undergo a reboot and you should see the Android O boot animation. You can now safely disconnect your device from your PC.
- That’s it. You have successfully flashed Android O on your Nexus or Pixel Devices.