Nexus devices from Google have always been and worked great for everybody and were more famous than expected. And as of that, Nexus 5 was the best selling device from Nexus series in 2013. And soon after the launch of other devices in this series, Nexus 5 slowly began to disappear.
However just with the rolling out of Android Nougat 7.1 developer preview, many devices began getting developer updates. But is Android Nougat 7.1 even available for a bit low end device like Nexus 5? Yes, Nougat 7.1 can be installed even on Nexus 5 without any issues. This guide will give you step by step instruction to update your Nexus 5 to Android Nougat 7.1
We’re providing you with a ROM in this guide which is a totally stable ROM with Gapps fully functional. Once you install this ROM, you will get all existing apps from the Pixel devices which includes Google Assistant, Pixel’s camera and also, Pixel launcher. The best part of this ROM is that no bug has been found so far on it.
- Your devices needs to be rooted.
- Your device’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- TWRP must be installed.
- Battery should be above 60%.
How to Install
- Firstly, download the Android Nougat 7.1 ROM from HERE and transfer it into your Nexus 5 with the help of the OEM supplied USB cable.
- Now switch off your Nexus 5 and reboot into recovery mode. You can do that by pressing and holding the power and volume up key simultaneously.
- Now go to Wipe option and do a clean wipe and then swipe for confirming the factory reset of your device.
- Now, navigate to ‘Install’ and select your ROM that you’ve already downloaded and saved into your device.
- Swipe to confirm flashing the ROM.
- It will now start flashing the ROM on the device and for booting, may take a few more minutes than usual. After your device is on, you can see Android Nougat 7.1 running on your Nexus 5.
- You’ve successfully flashed Nougat 7.1 on your Nexus 5 and now can enjoy all features from the new Nougat ROM.
If you didn’t still encounter the ROM above, download it from HERE.
Please note that the author isn’t responsible for any damage done to your device while flashing. However, these steps are easy to follow and you won’t face any issue in flashing this ROM.