Soon after Google rolled out the Pixel smartphones, there were concerns about the unlocking of the device. As a trend, unlocking bootloaders is a must thing for developers. So soon after the beta updates of Android Nougat 7.1, tests were started over Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL devices. And now, after some successful attempts, we’re providing you with an unofficial tested method that you can use to unlock the bootloader of your Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones.
Actually, we can unlock the bootloader of Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL by using dePixel8 exploit tool, provided to us by The sunshine where you can download the dePixel8 tool for unlocking the bootloaders of your Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL.
Before we begin, please note that
- Make sure the battery is 80% charged (usually)
- Unlocking the bootloader will erase all the data from your phone so make sure that you’ve a backup created.
- You’ll need a computer or a laptop to complete the unlocking process.
How to unlock the bootloader of your Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL?
1) The first step is to enable USB debugging. For that,
- Go to settings of your phone and select the option of ‘About Phone’ from the settings menu.
- Tap six or seven times consecutively on the ‘Build Number’ and your developer options will be unlocked.
- Go back to main settings window and locate ‘Developer options’.
- Open Developer options and locate OEM unlock toggle and enable it.
- Also locate ‘Enable USB debugging’ and activate it.
2) Setup ADB fastboot on your PC.
3) Download dPixel8 unlock script from here.
4) Extract dePixel8 and open the folder then Now press on any empty white space inside the folder and then select from the context menu.
5) Now a command window will open where you’ll have to put following commands.
adb push dePixel8 /data/local/tmp
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/dePixel8
adb shell /data/local/tmp/dePixel8
6) Your device will reboot into bootloader now after issuing these commands and if it doesn’t, repeat step 5.
7) Now issue the following command in bootloader mode.
fastboot oem unlocking
8) Now your device will be asked a confirmation and for that, you need to press Volume up key and power key to select and then wait so that the process of unlocking the bootloader completes.
9) Now all you need to do is put the following command in command window to reboot your device.
10) Finally, the device will start like the first time and will allow you to root your device without any issues.
Please note that the author isn’t responsible for any damage done to your device during this tutorial. Do it if you want to.