You can use it to secure your personal files completely. But today, let’s show you how to safeguard your Pen-Drives with it.
Things you will need
- A Pen-Drive (that you’ve to protect)
- A laptop/PC running Windows*
How to protect your Pen-Drive:
1) First of all, insert your Pen-Drive that you want to perfect into your laptop/PC.
2) Open Explorer and right click on the option of your detected Pen-Drive and click on ‘Turn On BitLocker’.
4) Now write down the password that you like. However it is recommended that you note that password somewhere personally so that you may not forget it because encrypted drives are not likely possible to break into.
5) Now you will be asked ‘How do you want to back up the Recovery keys?’
6) After that, you have to choose how much of the drive you have to encrypt. You will have to choose between Entire drive or just the used up space.
7) At last, you’ll reach the menu of ‘Start Encrypting’. You can begin the process and you pen drive will be totally secure and under a password after the encryption process ends.
That’s it! You’re done with protecting your pen drive completely. Now whenever you will insert this Pen-Drive into any laptop, it will ask for the password. Moreover, if you have to turn off the password, right click the detected flash drive and click on ‘Turn off BitLocker’ and it will trigger the decrypting option after you give in your password.
*This feature isn’t sure that it will be supporting windows 10. However you can try it upto Windows 8.