A lot of custom ROMs based on Android Nougat for many phones are releasing. We have ourselves updated about many devices till now. This time, CyanogenMod 14 based on Android Nougat has been released for Samsung Galaxy A5. You can thank DeadSquirrel01 for developing and releasing the first CyanogenMod 14 based on Android Nougat for Samsung Galaxy A5.
So if you have to upgrade your Galaxy A5 from Android Lollipop or Marshmallow to Android Nougat, you can follow the steps that have been given below.
Things to know:
- This ROM works only on Samsung Galaxy A5.
- Always take backup of your data before flashing.
- Make sure you’ve a custom recovery installed in your phone (like TWRP).
Things that don’t work in this ROM:
- Auto rotation is not functional
- Audio during calls
- Cellular data not working
Things that work in this ROM:
How to install this ROM:
1) Firstly backup all your data and contacts before starting.
2) Download the Android 7.0 Nougat Cm14 ROM and Gapps 7.0 and copy it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button.”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode.Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
8) Done! Now enjoy Android nougat 7.0 on your Samsung Galaxy A5.
Please note that the author doesn’t hold any responsibility for any damage caused by this ROM and anything to your device. You can ask your questions in the comment box.