Last time when we were talking about CyanogenMods in Redmi 2 devices, we brought you the detailed overview of the ROM and how it would work on Redmi 2 devices.
As of such, today we bring you the CyanogenMod 14 based on Android Nougat 7.0 for Redmi 2 devices, built by the XDA team.
This however is an unofficial build but still you can try it for checking out the Android Nougat on your Redmi 2 devices along with having a full idea of how the Android Nougat would feel on you devices.
What’s not working:
- Data Connection
- Video Recording
-For data connection, flash the given file below to fix the bug
-For video recording, download the Google Camera and set it at 720p
-For GPS, reboot the device.
How to install CM 14 rom on Redmi 2:
1) Firstly backup all your data and contacts before starting.
2) Download the Android 7.0 Nougat Cm14 ROM and Gapps 7.0 from below and copy it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button.”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode.Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
8) Done! Now enjoy Android nougat 7.0 on Redmi 2.
Always backup your phone before flashing. Flashing this ROM will unlock the bootloader of your device. Be careful always while flashing. The author isn’t responsible for any damage done to your device.
We have some of the pictures of the CM14 on Redmi 2 that we tested.