It’s been a while since Android released its newest version 7.0 Nougat and if you’ve Nexus devices, I’m pretty sure you’d have had your share of experience with the version. But still, if you’ve some other device, you might be lucky if you find it in the devices that officially support this version.
Here’s a list of the devices that will get the official Nougat 7.0 update.
The following list is not the final list. Other devices may get added too which will be updated later on separately.
The company has already tested many devices with the Nougat update. Some of them are:
- Z1 (honami)
- Z1 Compact (amami)
- Z Ultra (togari)
- Z2 (sirius)
- Z2 Tablet (castor)
- Z2 Tablet WiFi (castor_windy)
- Z3 (leo)
- Z3 Compact (aries)
- Z3 Tablet Compact (scorpion)
- Z3 Tablet Compact WiFi (scorpion_windy)
- Z4 Tablet (karin)
- Z4 Tablet WiFi (karin_windy)
- Z5 (sumire)
- Z5 Premium (satsuki)
- Z5 Compact (suzuran)
- X (suzu)
The company is yet to declare other devices and maybe, some others will get added too.
- OnePlus 3: The unofficial Nougat version was released a while ago for this device. (Check my previous posts for downloading the CM14).
- OnePlus X: The version of CM14 wasn’t so good for this device and many apps crashed.
- OnePlus One
The unofficial CM14 has already been rolled out (with a few not-so-minor bugs).
MOTO G: One of the most surprising entrants in this list is this budget device that was released with Android 4.3.
LG Nexus 5 : There were many custom ROMs initially for this device but they didn’t stand well. Now let’s wait for the official version to be released.
Other devices like the Nexus 4, ASUS Nexus 7 or Nexus 6 might get added later on.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.9.7
- Galaxy Tab S
A variety of other devices may get included too. This is just a rough list for the people who would like to have a little idea for which devices Android Nougat would hit first.