With the Android market being abuzz regarding the Android 7.0 Nougat, here we come with the new unofficial ROM for our old friend, MOTO X (2014) version.
Thanks to SeannyM for developing the ROM and making it presentable to MOTO X users as well.
So if you want to test out this ROM for your device, follow the steps below.
Be aware that this ROM has bugs. Click here to see.
PLEASE NOTE THAT
- This ROM is for MOTO X 2014 model.
- Take backup before installing anything.
- Make sure you’ve a custom recovery installed (Like TWRP).
How to install CM 14 rom on Moto X 2014
1) Firstly backup all your data and contacts before starting.
2) Download the Android 7.0 Nougat Cm14 ROM and Gapps 7.0 from below and copy it on your device. (Thanks gammerson.com)
3) Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button.”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode.Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
8) Done! Now enjoy Android nougat 7.0 on Moto X